Monday 16 February 2015

Biggest Teaching Accomplishment

Reflective Teaching 30 Day Blog Challenge 

DAY 9:  Write about one of your biggest accomplishments in your teaching that nobody knows (or cares) about.


I am really struggling with today's prompt and I wonder if it is because teaching is such a sharing and reflective profession. Teachers and their colleagues both know and care about what happens in each other's classrooms (especially when you teach in smaller school like I do).



After a good long think, I feel that the biggest accomplishment that I haven't shared with others is how much teaching has made me more outgoing person who is more likely to takes risks and less fearful of looking silly.

As a person teaching has taught me that sometimes in order to gain and retain the children's attention you need to ACT and sometimes even OVERACT! Being a rather passive wallflower this does not come naturally to me but the time I have spent working with kids has taught me to fear less and do more and this is a lesson that I value very much and an accomplishment I hope to be able to repeat often in my career as a teacher. The more I give the children in energy and enthusiasm the more I get back. The feeling that I get when a classroom of children responds to me is worth all the funny looks and dismissive whispers I might get. I am confident that I am having more fun than they are!


No comments:

Post a Comment