Friday 6 March 2015

3 Powerful Ways Students Can Reflect on Their Learning

Reflective Teaching 30 Day Blog ChallengeDAY 19: Name three powerful ways students can reflect on their learning, then discuss closely the one you use most often.


  1. Written record
  2. Whole class/small group/buddy discussion 
  3. Conferencing
The form of reflection that I use with my students most often is discussion, either as a class, to a buddy or in small groups, depending on the subject and the organisation of the lesson. I think this is a powerful way for students to reflect on their learning as they can share how they feel their learning went. I might give a guiding question for students to answer or children might have to share what they have learnt or not learnt as the case may be. It is also powerful tool for me as a teacher to reflect on how I am teaching as their reaction will help me to gauge how successful I have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment